Thursday, January 27, 2011

Life in the desert

We are now into day 6 of our journey, and haven't managed to do much yet as neither one of us is feeling great. Joyce is getting better, and I just don't have a lot of energy. Yesterday was my day to be on the telephone for extended periods. Our washer/dryer combination was not pumping the water out when Joyce went to use it Tuesday night. That took quite a bit of conversation with the service department which is in Clacamas Oregon. There is somebody coming out to change the pump this afternoon. Then we got our 4G upgrade from Verizon yesterday. I was on the phone with them for so long that the battery went dead in the cell phone! Fortunately we were at the final stage of the installation process when the phone died. It seems to be working pretty good but not quite the "lightning speed" the guy on the phone kept talking about. I was on the phone so long with him that my ear hurt. I didn't understand half of what he said. Between his accent and the computer lingo, I was about ready to throw myself under a bus. But it's all installed and now we are even higher tech than we were before! This afternoon we are going for an outing to Best Buy to buy a hand held rechargeable vacuum. Whoopdeedoo!! That will be our adventure for the day. The washing machine guy is supposed to be her around 3:30, so we need to be back by then.
Weather is still very nice. It's around 70 degrees but it's been a little windy. It beats 40 and raining.
Until the next chapter,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Ernie

2 comments:

Sky said...

always something, I hope they can get it fixed! 4G shhh dont tell Keith your one up on him!!! Hey I got your cat to play today, he likes my duster! Hope your feeling better soon!!!

Ron and Diane said...

4G...Wow you really are hi-tech now.
Sounds like your having your share of problems already, at least it will all be behind you and it will be smooth sailing from now on.
Don't you just love trying to get a problem solved by someone who, english is their second language.
I'm not as jealous of your 70 deg weather today because the high today is suppose to be in the 60's here and plenty of sunshine. Of course it's suppose to dive back into the 30's next week and get nasty but we'll enjoy it while we can. So if your ears are burning next week, you'll know why....Diane