Friday, January 7, 2011

On The Road Again (almost)

10 days from now we will be somewhere in Oregon with a little bit of luck. Hairold T. Cat will be vacationing at Keith and Sheila's in our absence. Hopefully he has better sense than last year! We've been working on getting ready to go. We have some of our stuff in the motorhome, and I've been going over the operator manual so we don't have any surprises (I hope). We should be pulling in to Apache Junction the evening of the 20th. I am hoping to make it to the Barrett Jackson car auction in Scottsdale on Saturday the 22nd. I've watched it on TV, but seeing it live will be exciting for me.
The day before we leave is Grandaughter Monica's 16th birthday. So we will be there for the day, then bring the Motorhome back down here Sunday evening for a quick escape on Monday morning.
When we return around the 20th of April, we will have about a week to get squared away before Ron & Diane (Oklahoma friends) get here to spend a few days before cruising to Alaska. We're all looking forward to the visit, and I'm sure that they're looking forward to the cruise. Then in May, the big event for the year takes place on the 22nd, when Josh (son) and Brynn (future daughter in law) get married! And on the 28th of May, our nephew Anthony is graduating from college in Chicago, which we are planning to attend. Somewhere in all of that I need to be able to work on my new pastime of golf. Then to top it all off, in the late summer or early fall we will either be embarking on a"around the country" motorhome trip, or a trip to Europe (not by motorhome). So there you have it. We've got plenty to think about. Ernie

3 comments:

Sky said...

Happy Birthday Joyce! I hope that you enjoy your day and your time with dad and Kristin today!!!!

Ron and Diane said...

Wow...another busy year, don't know how you guys do it.
I hope all goes well on your first trip in your new motorhome.
I hope Joyce goes with you to the car auction so you don't do something crazy (ha).
We can't wait to see you guys, it will be here before you know it. You'll be all suntaned and rested (did I tell you how much I hate you...its 8 degs here today).
Have a save trip....Happy Trails!!

Sky said...

well you should be on your way, safe travels! Looking forward to the post cards (: were going to miss you guys. See you this spring!