Thursday, January 20, 2011

Oranges right off the tree

Pulled into the Orange Grove RV Park in Bakersfield California about 3:30 this afternoon. Mostly sunny with temperatures in the low 60's. I just picked about 15 pounds of oranges in about 10 minutes. Wish I would have brought the juicer and the vodka! Joyce has managed to come down with a cold, and as I write this (5:00 P.M.),and she is sound asleep. We've got over a hundred channels on the TV here. Won't have time to watch them all! Tomorrow at this time we should be in Apache Junction. We had a short run today of about 300 miles. Tomorrow we have a little over 400. We'll catch up again there, Ernie

4 comments:

Sky said...

your making good time, sorry Joyce isnt feeling well, hope it clears up fast!

Ron and Diane said...

Give Joyce a lot of those oranges (vitamin C)isn't that good for a cold....put a little vodka in it and she'll be feeling better in no time. Seriously, I hate it that she's sick, there's nothing worse than being sick on vacation.
It's suppose to be partly cloudy here today so maybe it will warm up some, anything is an improvement. Don't hog all that sunshine, don't forget to send some our way...Diane

Sky said...

I forgot to ask, but where are all the pictures???? oh and here are some cold remedies, roast beef oh whole wheat, chicken noodle soup, oranges and lots of rest! just a few ideas

gail and randy said...

Hey guys! Glad to hear that things are going well on your journey. Rainy and windy here today - send me some of that sun! Tell Joyce that I have a bad cold, too. It's gone into my ears so now I really can't hear anything! Get well and keep eating those fresh oranges!