Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Guest Appearance

Ernie has about summed up our last few days - because we have both been ill, we haven't had a lot of energy - but we are on the road to recovery.
Last week we had an enjoyable Mexican dinner with my old friend Joe and his wife Lindy who go back to my So.Calif. days. They have lived here in Phoenix for years. Since Joe is a retired police officer, we of course went to Krispy Kreme after dinner for some donuts (really - no kidding). The myth of police and donuts lives on (but not for Josh of course...).
On Friday we attended the game Ernie mentioned. I have found that viewing baseball so close to the field has changed my perspective of the game and helps me enjoy it more. It brings it down to its purest form. However, there was an incident on Friday that shook me up for a while. We have been sitting in a section of the ballpark where a lot of the balls fly over. On Friday, we watched a ball fly very close over our heads and land about 6 ft. away from us right on to a woman's knee cap. She had to be lifted out of her seat and taken away by medics and was howling in pain. I'd never seen that before - shook all of us up in the area. That's why Ernie always says if the ball heads our way - 'duck and cover'!
Signing off from sunny warm Arizona - Joyce

No comments: