Monday, March 9, 2009

Another Day in the Sun









It was pretty quiet over the weekend for us as Joyce was not running on all 8 cylinders. She thinks she may have picked up a bug where we ate at the ghost town last Friday. So, the car and the motorhome got washed over the weekend. And true to form, it rained overnight. We did laundry and got our "house" all cleaned up, so we are good to go for a few days.
Today we went to a State Park that was started by a private party around 1920. The guy imported and planted desert plants from all over the world. The State of Arizona took it over and now maintains it. We spent about 3 hours there and took a lot of pictures. This is where all of the posted pictures were taken.
The weather here has cooled off to low to mid 70's, but is supposed to be back up around 80 by the end of the week. It's been perfect for me, but a little chilly for Joyce. By the weekend it should be mid 80's, so Joyce will be comfy, and I will be too warm. But that's what air conditioning is for!
Tomorrow we head to Peoria for our 2nd baseball game. Mariners Vs. Cubs, so I hope to see Lou Pinnella. I hope that Junior will be playing left field, but if not, I hope to see him DH. We have the exact same seats we had for the Angels game last week. So I hope to have some good baseball pictures to post tomorrow.
As the late Paul Harvey would have said,"Stand by for pictures!!"
I think it's time for a Rum and Coke, Ernie

2 comments:

Sky said...

"another day in the sun" try another day in the snow for us (so jealous) Love all the pictures, Joyce looks cold and bundled. Enjoy the heat and the game... Sheila

Ron and Diane said...

I'm with Joyce, I prefer warmer weather. Those pictures are amazing, those are the biggest cactus I've ever seen.
Sounds like things are going well (at least the weather).
Go Cubs!!!!!!(oops, sorry)
Diane