Tuesday, March 3, 2009

From the 90 degree desert






We made it into Apache Junction abou 6:00 last night. We had a one hour time change when we crossed into Arizona. Temperature was 91 at one point. It was difficult to find an English speaking radio station on the way here. I did find a 50's and 60's rock n roll station, but the DJ spoke Spanish. Some of the music was the original english version, but some were redone in Spanish. The shoobie doo wops and the instrumentals sounded right, but the lead vocals were in Spanish. When we got parked and setup at the RV park, I found that a lot of the TV stations are also spanish. There was a World War 2 movie on, and the German Army was speaking Spanish!!
Anyway, here we are. The weather is supposed to be cooling down over the next couple of days. I even heard some talk of rain on Friday. But it will still be in the 70's or 80's.
Our first baseball game is on Thursday, and we are looking forward to that. Today will just be for getting settled in. We need to get groceries, clean the motorhome, etc. We will get some pictures posted later today.
Ernie (aka Ernesto)
Having issues with adding captions for pictures.
From the bottom:
Orange tree in Lodi vicinity
Worrying about poisonous things
Just us
Our home for a month in Apache Junction
Fixing dinner

2 comments:

Sky said...

Im glad you guys made it down, when you get back you should be fluent in Spanish :) Enjoy the warm, were actually having some nice weather this week, spring like!!! have a good one Sheila

Ron and Diane said...

It looks like your all settled in. I like the picture of you fixing dinner (I'm thinking you need a sombrero to complete your outfit though). I don't know about you but the more drinks I have the more creative my dinners become. Your not by any chance cooking wild turkey? If you see them start to appear again, I'd start getting worried. Have you ever seen the "Twilight Zone".
Have fun at the games and be sure to eat a hot dog for me (and maybe drink a beer or two or three or...). You told me what they put on a Chicago dog, what do they put on an Arizona dog?
Adios....Diane