Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The 1st glimpse of Junior





Yesterday was our 2nd baseball game. We got to the park a little earlier this time, had lunch, and poked around the souvenier shop. The temperature was in the mid to upper 70 range under clear skies. There is no shade where we are sitting, so hats and plenty of sunscreen are mandatory. There was a bigger crowd than the game last week, and there were more big name players starting. It was a scoreless game thru 4
innings, then the Mariners brought in Batista and it looked like he was throwing batting practice. He gave up 5 runs in the 5th and it was all over. We saw Junior bat 3 times, but he grounded out twice and struck out once. The bright spot in the Mariner offense was Betancourt (one of my favorites) with a double and a triple in 3 at bats. The final score was 8 to 1 Cubs. As in the first game we saw, the Mariners only managed to get 4 hits. I'm begining to think that one of us is a jinx!
Joyce is feeling better and we are working on ideas for things to do when Patrice and Paul come out next week. There is an indoor sky diving place between here and Tucson that I want to try. I saw this on the TV show "Little People Big World", and it looked like a blast. It is a simulated jump from 13,000 feet, and you get to go twice for $50.00. Joyce thinks that she will opt out of that one. The other thing that sounds like fun is a Old West chuckwagon dinner(outdoor), complete with a hay ride, live music, and a campfire with a storyteller. Kind of like a western Luau. And you get to keep the cowboy hat and bandana! Yee Haw!!
The sun is up and I don't see a cloud in the sky. We hear that the temperatures dipped into the 20's overnight at home, and that they had snow over the weekend. That's unusual, but not unheard of. March can be strange. But it's summer here!! I'm liking the idea of Arizona in the winter.
I will post a few Baseball pictures and say Adios, Ernie
Pictures, From The Top:
Junior at bat
Betancourt on third
M's dugout
Blog Editor's desk

2 comments:

Sky said...

Im with Joyce I dont think id like to jump anything over 5 feet. Great pictures of the game dad, I was glad to hear they had won. Just so you know our over night temp was 13, I feel like an Eskimo. Have fun and enjoy the sun, cant wait to see pictures from your jump :)

Ron and Diane said...

Your team didn't win but you at least got to see Junior bat and get a tan at the same time.
I'm glad Joyce is feeling better, there is nothing worse than getting sick while your on vacation.
I've always thought hand gliding would be fun, but I'm too chicken to try it. That sky diving thing sounds more my speed.
A chuckwagon dinner complete with a cowboy hat and bandana...."WOW"
head um up, move um out....Diane