Sunday, October 12, 2008

Winter wonderland

Woke up this morning to about two inches of new snow on the ground. So far the weatherman is right with the forecast. I brought up a highway conditions website for Montana and Wyoming. They are updated often, and have excellent descriptions of current conditions. Right now it looks like we may get out of here tomorrow, or possibly not until Tuesday.
I checked out the weather in other parts of the country, and it looks like summer in Chicago, Tulsa, and Smyrna. All in the 80's!! Seattle looks like fall in the upper 50's. Tucson Arizona is in the 80's and 90's. I'll have to check the maps to see how far it is to Tucson. That wouldn't be a bad place to get stuck for the winter. I'll have to work on Joyce about that one.
Looking out the window I am reminded of why our "move to Montana" experiment in 1994 failed. Occasional winter weather (a day or two) is OK, but not in early October!! There are a lot of people here who actually live for this kind of weather. They can't wait to get out the snow shovels, skis, snowmobiles, etc. I guess that's why they live here, and we look at the weather in Tucson!!
Well, it's to early for a Rum and Coke, so I'm fixin to go out and clear the snow off of the car in case those damn turkeys come back, and we have to make a run for it!!!
I'll take some pictures this morning so you all can enjoy our lovely weather.
Wish you were here....................Ernie

1 comment:

Sky said...

sounds like hot butter rum weather to me.