Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday update

Couldn't find him in Plains, but there he was in Rapid City
They keep going in circles around the motorhome

Sunday morning wakeup


How about them Seahawks??!! Took a drive up to Rapid City and did a little gift shopping. There was no snow at all there. It,s very strange because they are at a higher elevation than we are here. I guess we're just on the edge of the crap.
The turkeys were back late this morning, and this time there were 12 of them. I'm begining to get suspicious. I talked to the guy that runs the RV park about the turkeys. He told me that there are approximately 50 of them around here, and that the reason we have been seeing differing numbers is because they run in "herds", and the herds are different sizes, and they don't intermingle. Very strange. The campground guy was wearing his Denver Bronco's jersey for the game. This is Bronco country. That's strange too.
The snow is almost completely gone in the campground, and all looks good for leaving tomorrow.
I'm ready to move on. With a little luck my next post will be comming to you from Billings.
Keep clam.........................Ernie

1 comment:

Ron and Diane said...

I love the "which way to the pool" picture. It looks like something Ron would do, your both nuts. I think its really beautiful up there where you are but I'll take sand and surf anyday. Wintering in Arizona doesn't sound like a bad idea Joyce,they may not have the surf (a pool is a good substitute) but they have plenty of sun for sure. But you may want to hold out for more options.

Look out for those turkeys. With the way they keep multiplying its starting to sound like some horror movie "The Revenge of the Turkeys"
or something like that. But have not fear, you have Shirley and Marcy looking after you (hopefully you got my joke or this makes no sense).

Sounds like the weather is clearing up and you are fixin to hit the road....Happy Trails...(cowboy talk)...Diane