Thursday, October 2, 2008

October already




Arrived in the windy city about 2:30 p.m. We will be staying here until Monday visiting with Joyces's sister and husband (Patrice & Paul). Dropped the RV off at a shop to have a few things taken care of while we have a place to stay.
Weather still looking pretty good, but definately getting chilly. But, blue sky and sunshine with temperatures in the 60's works for me. I brought my Mariners jacket in case it gets colder.
Speaking of baseball, Ron must be in Hog Heaven after yesterday's game. And after reading the Chicago paper this morning, there seems to be a little of that "here we go again" feeling going around. But I have faith in "Sweet Lou". But then again, I'm the guy that went to the sports book at the Rio in Las Vegas in February, and put $20.00 on the Mariners to win the World Series!! Oh well....
Not sure what we're up to today, other than going to Paul's mothers for authentic Italian cooking this evening.
I will cut this short, and let Joyce expound more.
Later, Ernie

2 comments:

Sky said...

Have a good visit!!! Im sure you guys will have a great time, dad you might want to get another jacket while there (you might get some grief wearing a Mariners coat)But then again maybe not either way Im sure you can take it :)

Ron and Diane said...

GO DODGERS!!!!
Ron wore his dodgers hat while watching the game last night(that's what did it). Ernie you need to get a Cub's hat.

The weather sounds perfect, I love the fall. You might want to find a Cub's jacket though.

Your getting authentic Italian tonight? I'm jealous!!!! The Olive Garden is as close as we get to authentic around here. Have an extra helping for me please...Diane