Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sturgis/Deadwood in the snow

Note the "working ladies in the windows
The Harley store in Sturgis

They're back, and there's more of them


Which way to the pool?



Woke up this morning with snow on the ground and outside temperature of approximately 33 degrees. The turkeys were back , except this time there were 8 of them. Yesterday there were only 5. I'm thinking we better get out of here soon!!
Took a drive to Sturgis and went to the Harley Davidson store to learn about the Sturgis rally. Then we went to Deadwood and had lunch, then checked out some of the shops there. After Deadwood, we went to Spearfish for a while. Returned to the motorhome at 4:30 p.m.
It has warmed up to 35 this afternoon, and it still looks like we will head out of here on Monday. We will probably head in to Billings, then get to western Montana or Idaho Tuesday evening. If we can do that, we will be home on Thursday.
Ron, it sounds like you've had a bad sports day. Just wait until your proffesional(?)baketball team starts playing!! Diane, keep an eye on him. It could get worse.
George, you're on a roll. Keep the jokes comming.
Enjoy the pictures, Ernie

1 comment:

Sky said...

Ok now I know from whom I got my temperature mixed up from, I thought I was the only dork who goes out in the snow in shorts :) ha you crack me up dad! See ya next week Sheila