Sunday, February 6, 2011

Post Super Bowl

Watched my first Super Bowl in about 10 years today. Fell asleep in the 2nd quarter, but woke up before half time. Saw most of the 2nd half. Ho Hum. Joyce did laundry. Pretty exciting.
I'm feeling almost normal again, and will probably make it to the driving range tomorrow to see which direction the golf balls fly this week. On Wednesday I will be going on a UTV adventure in the dessert. Thursday, Joyce and I should be going on a guided dessert hike with a group from the park. We went to REI today, and I bought a hat for hiking that has a spf rating of 50. Should keep the top of my thining haired head from getting burned. Also bought a (one) pair of wool hiking sox for $20. That's more than I usually spend for shoes!!
Tary and Wayne (Montana Friends) are staying in Mesa until the 1st of March. My only attempt at actually playing golf was with Wayne when we visited them in White Sulfur Springs Montana last September. I am trying to get Wayne to golf with me once or twice in the next couple of weeks. Then maybe I will have enough confidence to try on my own. Joyce may be getting out on the links (golf talk) too.
That's about all for now, and we are looking forward to the potentially big week ahead.
Ernie

1 comment:

Ron and Diane said...

The best part of the super bowl is the commercials, especially the kid in the Darth Vadar costume. I have to admit there are some pretty stupid ones, you wonder who their trying reach. Don't get me started on the singing of the National Anthem.
The UTV adventure sounds really fun, I'm not sure about the hike, but it sounds like your going to be well prepared for it.
If I tried to play golf I'd have to invest a great deal of money on balls because once I hit it you'd never see it again.
Have a great time, hope it stays warm....Diane