Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Golf Story & 4 Wheeling in the Snow

For Josh, Brynn, and the granddog
Looking for the pot of gold

Crossing the creek


4 wheelers in the snow



The view from the abandoned mercury mine




On Monday I had my 3rd adventure on the golf course. After my 2nd outing last Thursday, I figured out part of my problem. Monday we played 9 holes, and I shot a 44 on a par 31. I only had one really bad hole shooting a 8 on a par 4. I managed a par on one hole and had several other opportunities to shoot par. The next thing I need to start working on is putting. This was by far my best outing.
We took a drive out of Apache Junction to the south about 15 miles on Sunday just because we had never been out that way before. We had a little rain and sun which made for a pretty good rainbow. We took some pictures, but it didn't do it justice.
Today (Wednesday) I went out with the UTV group for an adventure into the back country. We went back in to an abandoned mercury mine from the 40's/50's. We climbed quite a bit and got into into about 6 inches of snow. Apparently it gets pretty cold up there overnight. The snow fell over the weekend when we had rain with temperatures in the 50's. But not anything like back home, where Keith and Sheila (and kids) had about 10 inches of snow last night with more in the forecast.
Tomorrow we are going out with the hiking group, then meeting Phoenix friends Joe and Lindy for dinner. That's about it for now, and even tho it's only in the 60's. I'm not willing to change places with any of you. Ernie

1 comment:

Sky said...

looks like so much fun, it was great to chat with you a little today! and we got another 6 inches this evening with more on the way, cant wait to wake up and see what it looks like.