Monday, February 14, 2011

Desert Valentine

Today being Valentines Day, we decided to celebrate by me going to the driving range and Joyce doing laundry. Joyce got a Valentines cactus, as the Easter cactus I gave her 3 years ago died of over watering. She now has a genuine Saguaro. I have my second shot at golf coming up on Thursday, and I need the practice. I've come to the realization that if I'm going to play golf that I need to go to the range at least twice a week.. Last Friday actually went fairly well. Wayne and I were paired up with a couple in their mid 70's, and I could out drive the female half! I managed to play 9 holes with the same ball. I did come within about 3 feet of the water hazard, but managed to keep the ball on dry land. So for a first outing, I would have to say that it went rather well. I probably averaged between 2 and 3 over par per hole.
Tomorrow the smoker gets fired up for the first cook of the season. I'll be fixing 2 racks of pork back ribs and a chicken. We are having 2 other couples over for dinner. If all turns out well, I will post some BBQ pictures tomorrow evening.
Weather has been in the low 80's for the past 3 or 4 days. There is rain in the forecast for this coming Thursday, with temperatures in the mid 60's. No complaints as to the weather.
Baseball is just around the corner as pitchers and catchers reported to camp this week. We may have to take a drive up to Peoria to check out some of the practice sessions. Our first game is just a little over 2 weeks away.
Stay Tuned, Ernie

2 comments:

dhinnen said...

Speaking of cactus, we quit buying them for the same reason, over watering. If you figure out the secret of watering them, let me know.
Ernie it sounds like your golf game is really coming around, Tiger better watch out.
Don't forget to take pictures of the BBQ, my mouth is already watering....Diane

gail and randy said...

Oh, I can almost smell the ribs and chicken! Yum!!! Sounds like you're becoming quite the golfer! Good for you! Enjoy your nice weather! We had quite a windstorm last night - toppled trees around Seattle. They're calling for mixed rain and snow by the end of the week - ugh!