Wednesday, February 16, 2011

BBQ

The view from the motorhome
Ribs, Chicken, and beans waiting to go

Making smoke


The finished product



Home away from home




Yesterday I fired up the smoker for the first time since we got here. We did 2 racks of pork back ribs and 1 chicken. One of the neighbors from a few sites over wandered over after about 4 hours of cooking time to let me know how good it smelled. That's always good to hear. We had 2 other couples over for dinner. Mike and Joyce who are from Moses Lake, and Pete and Margaret who are Arizonans. Pete is the guy that took me out on the UTV last week, and after dinner I got an invitation to go again next week. There's not a lot of food left over, but enough for dinner tonight, and maybe lunch tomorrow for me and Joyce.
Today we are going to meet a couple that Joyce knew when she lived in Montana for lunch. They now live in Colorado and are visiting in Arizona. Joyce hasn't seen them in at least 25 years. When we get back I need to get the smoker ready for the next cook. Last night's dinner guests volunteered to buy the meat.
Tomorrow afternoon will be my second venture out on the golf course. I hope to see some improvement, but if not, oh well. The weather is scheduled to make a turn for the worse beginning tomorrow. They're talking rain. Sometimes when rain is forecast, it sprinkles for a few minutes and that's it. Doesn't even get the ground wet. I think that I'll continue wearing sun screen anyway. Stay Dry, Ernie

2 comments:

Sky said...

looks good, and I bet it smelled wonderful! have fun today and enjoy the sun, we are looking at maybe some snow in the next 48 hours (I hope they are kidding)

dhinnen said...

From the looks of the BBQ, you haven't lost your touch...LOOKS GREAT. I can almost smell it, wish we were there.
I bet Joyce is excited about getting together with her friends, 25 years, that's a lot of catching up.
I hope the weather doesn't go to poop on you....Diane