Sunday, February 1, 2009

T.G.I.F. (Thank God it's February)

We made it thru January, and I am begining to see some signs of spring. The daffodils and tulips are popping up, and the trees are begining to bud out. Tomorrow is Groundhog day, and I am rooting for NO SHADOW!! February is usually a month where I become a little more optimistic about the weather, The signs of better things to come are there. It's almost time to start getting the motorhome ready for our adventure into the southwest. Four weeks from today we will be motoring thru central California. We have tickets for 8 Mariner spring training games. 2 game a week, which will give us plenty of time for exploring.
We got my mom moved back into her independent living apartment on Friday. She is very happy to be back. I'm sure that she had doubts about being able to go back and be on her own.(as did we) She now has someone come in daily to assist with medications, and to assist with bathing if she feels that she needs assistance. We convinced her to use her microwave oven for her cooking (heating up)rather than the stove. So far so good.I talked to her this morning, and she told me that she was together with her Pinochle group on Friday night, and she was the big winner.
Today is Super Bowl Sunday, and I still don't care. If I did, I would have to sit thru countless replays, and listen to John Madden expound on the obvious over and over. In the newspaper this morning, they're still whining about the Seahawks loss to the Steelers a few years ago. Thank God Spring Training starts in a couple of weeks.
I have no pictures to post this time around, as we left the charger for the camera in Hawaii, and the battery is dead. They are mailing it back to us, so I hope to have pictures for the next installment.
Stay Dry {}{}{}{}{}{}{}{} Ernie

1 comment:

Ron and Diane said...

I think the stupid ground hog saw his shadow (what does he know).

Sounds like your mom is doing real well. I think its wonderful that she could go back to her independent living apartment. She sounds like she is still pretty active. I just hope I'm at least half that active when I'm her age.

You left your camera charger in Hawaii.....dah!!!!!
Diane