Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hallelujah!!!

The official word came down about 10 minutes ago that Junior is officially back as a Seattle Mariner!! It's been a long time since there has been any positive proffesional sports news in Seattle. I'm sure that 90% of the people here are as thrilled as I am. Ken Griffey Junior is a class act. When he made his first return to Seattle last year, after an 8 year absence, he was greeted with a 4 minute standing ovation. I was there. When the anti Griffey, a.k.a. A-Rod returned to Seattle with the Texas Ranger's, he was greeted with boo's and people throwing Monopoly money. I was there. When the Mariner's open at home against the Angels on April 15th, I hope to be there. I know that I will be in Peoria Arizona for 8 spring training games. I can't wait! Junior will not be taking the Mariners to the World Series this year, and nobody expects them to make the playoffs. But, we have the opportunity to say thank you to the man responsible for major league baseball in Seattle. We have the classiest act in baseball playing in one of the classiest parks in the league. I plan on being there as much as possible!!
Hallelujah!! Ernie
P.S. WOO HOO

2 comments:

Sky said...

I just read this, and thought I bet dads happy. See ya in the morning Sheila

Ron and Diane said...

I'm glad that it has worked out for you. You sound just a little excited (this has got to be a man thing). I admit that watching a ball player of his stature would make the game even more exciting to watch. Golf just isn't the same without Tiger....Diane