Thursday, November 6, 2008

Post election withdrawls

Chef Pat
Rack of Pork

Chicken Legs ala Pat


Yours truly, Joyce, Josh, Brynn, and Jake (A.K.A. "the granddog")



Who's been sleeping in MY chair??!!




Two days after the election, and not a campaign ad to be seen. I expect that the 2008 campaign could start up any day tho. I guess that I wouldn't mind them so much if they would just present what their position is, rather than what the other guy has been doing wrong. I must be out of touch with reallity on negative advertising because they all do it, and one of them always gets elected. It's a very odd world today. (Do I sound old?) Ron, did you hear that!?
Optimism is high on the presidential level. I just hope that he can live up to peoples expectations. On the local scene we pass every bond issue that comes along these days, so we get to look forward to an approximate 10% increase in property taxes. Whoo Hoo!!
Enough of my grumbling. I just locked in a RV Resort spot for the month of March in Arizona. We will be hanging out in the sun (80+) and taking in some Spring Training baseball. We've got 12 days in Hawaii coming up in January, and a 4 day trip to sunny Southern California in December. And who knows after that.
This past weekend we went down to visit our friends Pat & Steph in Shelton. Pat outdid himself on the barbecue by doing chicken and A Rack of Pork (Similar to a standing rib roast.) It was cooked to perfection with just a light wood smoke. The chicken was excellent also. and we got to take some home. We played a game of Apples to Apples, then drove home. On Sunday Josh and Brynn were over with our Granddog. Took him down to the beach at Alki, but couldn't get him in the water. He is supposed to be half Lab, but it's begining to look like he may be half Dalmation instead. It was a good weekend!
As I look out the window, the rain is falling, the leaves are still falling , and it's about 50 degrees.
For those of you who haven't experienced our weather, it leaves a little to be desired from November thru April. The rest of the year it's hard to beat. I went up north yesterday to do a little work on the motorhome, and was astounded by the number of RV's heading south. Maybe next year!!................... I wonder how the weather is in Jamaica right now?
George and Karen, glad to hear you guys are feeling better. I've been missing the jokes.
I'm going to try to add some random pictures to this rambling.
Until next week, Ernie

1 comment:

Ron and Diane said...

The campaign stuff got real old, all that mud slinging made me want to vote for "none of the above" but I couldn't find it on the ballot. We voted to "fix our streets" (and higher our taxes). The problem is that they start a bunch of projects at the same time, which then takes them months to complete them (and you never see anyone when you pass a construction site) when do they work on them?

We are not old Ernie, we are mature.

It sounds like you guys are all set for your Arizona trip and your Hawaii trip isn't that far off. I'm jealous. Speaking of vacations, did you hear that there is another hurricane in the carribean? Wow, this has been a bad year for them. The weather here has been real nice (sorry). Soon our weather is going to turn yucky and I'm going to wish I was back on the ship with an umbrella drink in my hand lying in the sun working on my tan.

Keep the cards and letters coming...Diane