Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday November 21st, 2008

Damn Squirrels
Going for a walk in November (Seattle style)

About 20 feet up


Doing my part for ecology



Sunset from the back deck




Tomorrow marks the 45th anniversary of the biggest world changing event of my life. (Event doesn't seem like the correct word, but it's what came to mind. ) The day will probably come and go with little attention from the media. It's amazing to me how we seem to allow days like this to be forgotten. December 7th hardly gets any recognition anymore, and I'm sure that soon September 11th will fade too.
Just two and a half months ago Joyce and I stood at the spot where the events of 11/22/63 unfolded. We stood at the window position on the 6th floor from where the course of history was changed. Then approximately 2 months ago we stood at the gravesites in Arlington National Cemetery. I can't forget.
On a cheerier note, the weather here has been a little better than normal for this past week. We haven't seen much rain, and temperatures have been in the upper 50's. I have been getting some work done outside. I have been pruning back some of the big Maple trees, and getting rid of some of the Ivy that is taking over.
It's just a little over 3 weeks before we head to Disneyland! Everybody is getting excited. We hope that all of the fire mess that is happening in southern California, is just a memory by then.
Right now the tempeartures are still in the 80's in Anaheim!! We hope that it stays that way, but it should at least be in the 70's.
Hope all is well with everyone who is still following my ramblings.
Stay warm and dry**************************** Ernie
PS Will post some pictures later.

3 comments:

Sky said...

Dad I think the assassination of JFK has changed many, I wasnt even a thought when it happened. But I dont think its something that will ever be forgotten! Lets hope those fires are done before you all leave, cause Ill be a wreck if they are still going on. Sheila

Ron and Diane said...

There is more to the assassination then we will ever know, I believe that with all my heart.

Don't forget to take a sweater or jacket just in case. We took our son to Disneyland in April one year, it turned very cool and I had to go shopping for warmer clothes (when Ron's cold, its pretty cool).

I can't wait for the pictures. I wish we could get one of you ON the roller coaster ride. PRICELESS!!!!!Diane

Ron and Diane said...

Wow, you look pretty scary with that chainsaw Freddy or is it Jason whatever, has nothing on you.

Well, the weather here is turning cold. One day last week it was in the 70's and the next day it didn't get any higher than in the 40's (thats Olahoma for you). You always put your sweater and jacket next to each other because you don't know from one day to the next which one your going to need. I'm going to be jealous when your in California.

Be careful in them there trees....Diane