Sunday, November 16, 2008

Mid November already

It is now mid November and the holiday season is right around the corner. We were at Keith and Sheila's this past Thursday for an early Thanksgiving dinner. The reason for the early celebration was that Keith's sister and brother in law were out for a visit from North Dakota, and Chandler and Monica would not be home on the real Thanksgiving. So we had turkey and all the trimmings a couple of weeks early. To really confuse the seasons, we gave Monica and Chandler very early Christmas gifts of a trip to Disneyland from December 8th thru the 12th. The catch is that they have to take me and Joyce with them!! Kristin will be going also to balance things out. We will be staying at a Worldmark condo in Annaheim which is right accross the street from the park. Neither of the 13 year olds have been to Disneyland, and Monica has never flown before. It should be a great trip. The kids have been checking out the Disneyland and the California Adventure web sites and are getting excited. Chandler told me yesterday that he would go on the California Screamin roller coaster with me!! I told him that there were witnesses. Can't wait.
I finally got the cover on the motorhome the other day with help from Keith and Chandler. It even looks pretty close to the pictures on the box.
Joyce and I went to Penneys today and bought a new matress set for our bed. The old set is about 25 years old, so we thought it was about time for a change. With what those things cost that may be our Christmas gift.
Our local football teams are still rolling along. All three lost again this weekend, so their combined records include 3 wins. (Seahawks 2, Cougars 1, and Huskies 0!!). Even with the misserable season the Mariners had, it's still a good time to be a Baseball fan. But the Seahawks are still only one game out of 2nd place in the anemic NFL West. With a major miracle they could still win their devision. I sure miss those 1 and 9 Sonics tho. They were a good fit!!
Enough of this blather. It's time to eat!!
Hope all are well, and I will update again next week. Is anybody still out there?
Stay dry ! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Ernie

2 comments:

Sky said...

well the kids are getting more excited about Disney Land... I think they are still in a state of shock :) It was good to see everyone the other night, just think, only about 4 weeks before I have everyone up for our Chirstmas dinner. I made Sky a online store, you guys should check it out http://www.cafepress.com/4Sky I dont have lots up, but Im sure I will over time. talk soon Sheila

Ron and Diane said...

With the feast Pat made and the early Thanksgiving Dinner you had, I think I'm going to have to send Richard Simmons over to your place.

Sounds like the kids are really excited about Disneyland. You are going to have so much fun. Do they still have a ride called Space Mountain? Or do I have it mixed up with Disney World. Any way, that was my favorite ride. On the "scary rides scale", thats as high as I go. It sounds like you are more daring than I am. Is Joyce going on the California Screamin roller coaster too? Don't forget to take pictures, we want proof you went on this ride.....Diane