Saturday, November 29, 2008

Almost December

We've almost made it to December with no crazy weather. November usually brings a snow storm or a bad windstorm with it, but this year we were spared! Today was overcast, but must have been near 60 degrees. We'll take that for the rest of the winter.
Thanksgiving was a pretty quiet day here. We had Kristin and her boyfriend Matt here for dinner. We had a 13+ pound turkey with all of the usual accompaniements. I don't think it was a South Dakota turkey tho. Everything was excellent and the turkey sandwiches are great. After dinner we went to Gail and Randy's for drinks and desert. We aren't stepping on the scale for a couple of days.
I am continuing to hack away at the trees and shrubs in our yard to get more sunlight into our yard, so the moss does'nt completely take over. I should have that project completed by the end of next week.
Our Disneyland trip is now just a little over a week away. Everybody is getting excited!! I checked the long term forecast for Anaheim today, and it looks like it will be sunny and in the mid 70's. That sounds good to me.
Spoke with my cruise friend Ron, from Tulsa Oklahoma last night. I had a little fun discussing the proffesional (?) basketball team formerly known as the Seattle Sonics that now resides in Oklahoma City.(They are now 1 and 16) There is a curse on the Thunder that appears to be working! Check it out at "Cursethethunder.com . Ron just got hearing aids that seem to be helping quite a bit. He will be sending some information to me. It would be good to hear at something near normal again.
Tomorrow (Sunday) we are going to see "Plaid Tidings" at a local theater with our friends Don and Lisa.. We saw "Forever Plaid" in Las Vegas with them several years ago. It was a great show.
Until next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ernie

1 comment:

Ron and Diane said...

We are Back!!!

Our computer crashed and burned on Thanksgiving morning. Just got it back at 5pm today and have been trying to load all the programs, email addresses, favorites, etc. Of course I have never backed up our computer and lost everything on it. I'm trying to find all those little pieces of paper with peoples email addresses on them, this is a real pain. Everytime my SD memory thingy in my camera got full, I'd just buy another one. My stepdaugher thought I was crazy (she loads her's on her computer and erases the SD thingy and reuses it). HA!!! being crazy has paid off, all I have to do is load all the pictures AGAIN from the SD thingy. I'm not as stupid as I look (I know, thats open for debate and Ron doesn't get a vote).

Are you sure that turkey didn't follow you guys home?

Have a great time at Disneyland. That place is great fun.

Well..I have to get back to my computer....Diane