Saturday, December 6, 2008

Remember Pearl Harbor

Can't get enough of the sunsets from the deck
New door from the inside

Old door from the inside


New door from the outside



Old door from the outside




Sunset again





Well here it is Saturday already, and we're fixin to get out of here Monday morning for what should be a great 4 days in Southern California. Extended forecast is showing low to mid 70's during the day and upper 40's at night. The kids are getting excited to go, and so are we.
I finally finished the hard part of my big yard project (almost). I still have a little "fine tuning" to do on the big tree, then it's just a lot of small stuff to do.
We got our new front door installed this week. Now I need to do the painting of the outside trim, and the staining and finishing of the door and the inside trim. The good thing is that the front area is all under cover, so as long as it's not too cold outside, I can work on it whenever I get the urge. It will be interesting to see if there is any difference on our heating bill. We went with the fiberglass door. When they are finished it's hard to tell the difference from a wood door, but the maintenance is a lot less. I will post pictures when it is all finished.
The Washington Huskies finished their season today with a perfect record (0 & 12). At least their basketball team is playing well and they are fun to watch. Speaking of basketball, how about the Oklahoma City Thunder? They are now 2 & 18 and on pace to challenge for the fewest wins in a season. The curse is on!! Check it out at "cursethethunder.com".
I'll get some pictures on here shortly, and next week we will have "fun"pictures.
As they say in California, Adios*************************Ernie

2 comments:

Sky said...

LOVE the new door Im glad they came through with it... It looks great! Moni and Chan are so excitted, I dont think either one will sleep tonight :) Have fun in the sun, see ya Friday Sheila

Ron and Diane said...

Great job on the door (I'm impressed). HGTV needs to sign you up for your own TV show (they already have a show called weekend warriors)so we are going to have to think up a catchy name like "Home Improvements for Dummy's".

Have fun on your trip to California (its suppose to snow here tomorrow). I think I hate you (ha).

Diane