Saturday, March 26, 2011

Warming Back Up

They think that I need one of these
Rocks and wild flowers

The desert is begining to bloom


" The Hiker". Proof for Kristin!



Desert Horned Toad (Horny Toad) on the hiking trail. About 4" long and camouflaged.
The temperatures will be back up in the 80's in a day or two. It's been in the comfortable mid 70's the past few days which suits me just fine. Hopefully the temperatures back home start heading for the 70 range, as we will be back in 4 weeks.
We've been relatively busy all week with baseball last Tuesday, 4 wheeling (for me) on Wednesday, a 7 mile hike on Thursday, and a golf game (for me) on Friday. Either today or tomorrow we will be taking a road trip. Monday we are going to visit friends that we met here, who just bought a house in the area. Tuesday is the last Spring Training game, and we will probably go see that. We may also see the game on Sunday if we're here.
Yesterday's golf game went relatively well. I shot a 43 on a par 32. I managed to shoot par on several holes, but shot 4 over on the first hole. It's amazing how bad you can hit the ball when you have a group of people watching. We (Joyce and I) may get out with another couple from the park next week on a nine hole course. I found that it's a lot easier to play with a couple of people than with a large group.
It's hard to believe, but 3 weeks from today we will be heading out. We will be taking 5-6 days getting home with a stop in the Bay Area for a couple of days. From there we will be heading up Highway 101 up into central Oregon, then cut over to I-5. With a little luck the weather will be decent along the way. We've only seen rain 2 or 3 times since about the 19th of January.
The park here is really beginning to thin out now, as people start leaving here around the middle of March. Quite a few are leaving the first of April, and by the time we leave on the 16th there probably won't be more than about 20 left. The park holds 120 rigs. Right now we have 2 empty sites next to us. That's all for now, Ernie

2 comments:

Sky said...

great pictures, you can hardly see that horny toad (very cool) Im jealous, 101 is my favorite drive, the coast line is beautiful, enjoy your last few weeks of warm, its not freezing here, but no where near 70's or 80's. looking forward to the day you guys roll in!!!!

Ron and Diane said...

More great pictures, I'm really going to miss the blog when you go home.
The four wheeling really looks like fun, I think I'd have to get one of those if I lived around there.
Your golf game seems to be coming right along. I think it would be hard not to be self conscious when there are a bunch of people watching you. I don't remember you mentioning Joyce's game.
I can't believe spring training is about over for the season...enjoy while you can....Diane