Saturday, April 2, 2011

Good Golf / Bad Golf

Very interesting this game called golf is. I can already see how frustrating it can be if taken seriously. Last Wednesday I went out with another beginner and shot a 40 on a par 34. This was my best game ever, and I even had a birdie (first ever) on a par 3 hole! Then on Friday, I went out with the regular Friday group from the RV Park, and shot a 49 on a par 34 with every tee shot going off in a direction that was not relevant to the flag. Except for the ground ball that I hit up the middle that went for about 50 yards. It's clear to me that I need a lot more time at the driving range, and when under pressure I collapse. Last Tuesday we went to the Mariner's final Spring Training game played at the Diamond Backs / Rockies new stadium in Scottsdale. We went with our park neighbors Mike and Joyce from Moses Lake. They have a connection with a big league umpire who was able to get us 4 seats behind home plate for a sold out game. Great seats, nice park, and the M's won! Yesterday the temperature hit 100 degrees or close to it. A little too warm even for Joyce. Today it's supposed to "cool down" to about 95, then drop all the way into the mid 80's for a few days. Tomorrow Joe and Lindy will be here for dinner. We will be cooking the last of the salmon fillets that we brought down on the grill. We went to Lowes and bought a new outdoor table and some chairs so we have something to leave in our shed on our new (to us) site for next year. Two weeks from today we will be starting our trek back north. We're hoping that the rains ease up, and the temperature rise up a little before we get there. Until next time, Ernie

2 comments:

Ron and Diane said...

I think golf would be a hard game to master. There are too many things that effect your game. The postion of your feet, head, hands, etc. not to mention the wind. Your doing way better than I am, I'm still trying to master miniature golf.
You sure got some excellant seats for the last game.
I'm with Joyce, 100 degrees is getting a little too warm. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your Seattle weather starts warming up. I'm hoping for 60's, 5 more weeks, what do you think our chances are? Diane

gail and randy said...

Ernie - Sounds like you're figuring out the game of golf -some good days, some bad. Joyce - Haven't you tried golfing even one game? Are there any women groups that go out from the park? Hope you guys have some fleece packed in your RV - it's still cold here! Going to be in the 40's this week for the high of the day! Getting pretty darn sick of it!