Monday, March 14, 2011

Fun in the Sun

The view of the valley on Thursday's hike
Hurst SC Rambler. Rare, Rare, Rare.

Goodguys car show. Love those Mercs!


Joyce, Ron, and Jan at the Wrigley Mansion



Wrigley Mansion complete with tourists (Ron & Jan)




The temperatures are rising supposedly into the 90's this week. It will be in the upper 80's today, and we've got baseball tickets for the M's / Cubs game this afternoon. Our seats are not in the shade, so I'm sure that most of you are feeling sorry for us now! After the game we are going to Joe and Lindy's for dinner.
Yesterday we went with Ron and Jan to the Wrigley (gum) Mansion in Phoenix. Very interesting. It always amazes me how much money some people had during the depression. After the tour we went into Scottsdale and had dinner at a very good Mexican restaurant. Then we rushed back so as not to miss the amazing race.
Saturday, Ron and Jan and I went to the Goodguys car show in Phoenix. That show is HUGE. Then, that evening Ron and Jan came over and we barbecued one of the salmon fillets that we brought down with us. After that it was a few games of Mexican Trains.
Friday I played golf with a group from the RV park. It was the least fun I've had playing golf, as I was teamed up with a couple of "serious" golfers. Tom played on his college golf team in his day, so is a very good golfer. He shot par on the nine that we played, but wasn't happy that he didn't do better. I on the other hand was 18 over par for the nine. I don't know if I will try golfing with the Friday group again.
On Thursday I went hiking, but Joyce opted out. It was getting pretty hot, so we only went 5 or 6 miles. It was a little less than 3 hours. We didn't see any rattle snakes, but with the temperatures climbing, that becomes a concern. We're not sure if the hike will happen this Thursday. This brings us up to date.
Until next time, Ernie

1 comment:

Ron and Diane said...

Apparently the Goodguys car show is a realllllly big deal. Two of the owners own vintage cars and I happen to mention that you went to the show and they got all excited, pulled out a huge Goodguys magazine and started showing me pictures of some of the cars you would have seen....
I hope you didn't get too sunburned at the game. Our weather is getting warmer, today it's soooo windy though that if you go outside you have to put rocks in your pockets.
45 more days and we'll be heading north...but who's counting..Diane