Tuesday, April 20, 2010

On the Road

Before we left Lubbock, Texas we visited the Buddy Holly Museum which is housed in a refurbished 1890's train depot located in an industrial area. I was only 8 years old when Buddy Holly died in a plane crash, but Ernie remembers its well since he was an 'old' 13. I found it interesting as to how the museum put his music in to perspective regarding most of the bands that formed in the 60's.

We drove out of Texas in to New Mexico and are staying near Albuquerque tonite. We took a wrong turn along the way and couldn't turn around(small 2 lane country roads don't accomodate RV's that need to do that!) but we ended up where we wanted to be anyway and saved about 50 miles, so I suppose it was a good thing. We were in the flatlands of Texas and eastern New Mexico for a lot of miles but we are climbing in to high country again as we are at about 6600' here. - Joyce

2 comments:

gail and randy said...

I am so envious of you guys and your travels! You're seeing so many places. I LOVE the River Walk in San Antonio - we were there 38 yrs ago. Think it's time for another visit! Texas looks beautiful with its wildflowers and multiple museums to visit. Looking forward to seeing you back home, though. See you soon!

Ron and Diane said...

I can remember when Buddy Holly died but I don't remember how old I was (convenient..huh).
You didn't take a wrong turn, you took a short cut...I'd stick to that story if I were you, especially if you were the one reading the map.
More great pictures, looks like your having a good time....Diane