Friday, April 30, 2010

Hairold T.(the) M.(miracle) Cat

On Thursday the 29th, Sheila called to say that Chandler was pretty sure that he had spotted Hairold T. Cat while weed whacking around the house. So we drove up after dinner, and after about an hour of calling and whistling for him, he walks over to me. He was so light when I picked him up. that I had to check for the lack of front claws to make sure it was really him. After making his break on the 29th of March, he resurfaced on the 29th of April! He appears to be doing all right other than losing 1/3 of his body weight. That would be like me losing about 70 pounds in a month!! So, if you really want to lose some serious weight, just live out in the wild for a month or so and just eat what you can find. Guaranteed to lose weight in a hurry.
We had pretty much given up on him. I figured there was about a 10% chance that he would have been able to survive this long. He has no front claws, so that seriously cuts down on his hunting ability. And to take into consideration that he is 16 years old, who would believe that he could survive a month in the wild. But he did. He must have some damn good genes. He will be staying in the house for a few days to get some meat back on his bones before going out to take on the neighborhood dogs. He's probably not out of the woods yet, but so far so good.
Ernie

4 comments:

Sky said...

dad you have no idea how happy I am that he came to you last night. Poor thing, Im sure he will get the weight back on in a week or two. Still feel bad though, I wish I could of stopped him from taking his wild adventure. oh the stories he could tell!

Sky said...

dad I put the pic of you and Hairold up on Skys blog

Ron and Diane said...

Good news!!!!!
I was hoping that he wasn't lost and that all this time he was just on an adventure of his own (Hairold's big adventure)or that he was just trying to worry you because he was ticked that you went off on vacation and didn't take him with you. But seriously I am amazed he survived all that time on his own without claws. He's a pretty tough guy, you raised him well.
Maybe you should get him one of those spiked (dog) collars so he can look as tough as he thinks he is. But then again if he's lost a lot of weight, he may not be able to stand up (they do look a little heavy).
I so glad he's back....Diane

gail and randy said...

See? I told you not to give up yet! So glad he came back. I'm sure he was REALLY happy to see you both!