Saturday, April 9, 2011

Where are we?!?! (Or, DeJaVu)

hmmmmm. This looks strangely familiar
No Explanation needed
Tortilla Flat General Store (Gift Shop)
Prickly Pear Cactus Blooms and Canyon Lake



We woke up this morning at 4:30 to the sound of "rain on the roof". The good thing is that we don't leave until next Saturday. It's about 50 degrees with steady rainfall as I write this at 11:00 a.m. There are supposed to be showers all day, so we are going to a movie.
Yesterday we took a drive to Tortilla Flat in the afternoon expecting to see lots of blooming cacti. There wasn't as much as expected. That was possibly due to the low amount of rainfall this spring, but it's trying to make up for it today! We hadn't been up there for a month or so, and it was good to see it again. Yesterday was also a golf day for me, and that went well for the most part. Only one more Friday golf outing to go. Tomorrow could be a good day to go out as the temperatures will only be in the upper 60's and sunny. Most of the snow birds have left and the golf courses aren't nearly as busy as they were just a couple of weeks ago. And I've come to realize that most people here don't play any better than I do, so if I went by myself and played with 2 or 3 others, I'd be OK. Or, maybe I can get Joyce to play!!

Only one week to go and in a way it seems like we just got here. Next year we will probably be extending our time here. We've become a lot more involved in the local activities this year and hope to do more next year. We talked about maybe staying until the Saguaro Cactus bloom around the first of June, but temperatures would be triple digits then. We shall see.

Ernie

3 comments:

gail and randy said...

Hilarious picture of you Ernie! I LOVE the prickly pear cactus! Beautiful! Can't believe you'll be heading out in a week either. Looking forward to you guys getting home. I don't blame you for wanting to stay even longer - it's just not been that great of a spring here yet. Hopefully it'll turn around before you get back............

Sky said...

dad you should make that picture of you into a post card (its too funny) the cactus is beautiful! well were looking forward to you guys rolling in, in about 2 weeks, it will be good to see you guys!

dhinnen said...

Wasn't it just about 100 deg a couple of weeks ago? Wow, big difference.
I don't blame you for wanting to stay longer next year...the hiking,4 wheeling, golfing, road trips....what fun!!
I've got my fingers crossed for great weather next week when you start back home....have a safe trip....Diane