Monday, February 22, 2010

Would You Believe Hail?

OK, so this is absurd. We woke up to gray low clouds and rain (did we ever leave Seattle?)

About noonish we saw possibly the worst rain/hailstorm we've ever seen before. It was almost scary. The hail was so thick it obscured everything around us and even tho I know better I thought it might pound a hole right thru the roof - imagine how loud it sounded being inside this metal tube. Oh, and did I mention there was thunder and lightning to go along with it?

Finally we decided to venture out after the storm passed. We went to an outlet mall in Tempe. Not Ernie's favorite thing to do, but not much else to do on a day like today. He did manage to buy another pair of shorts to add to his khaki collection tho.

The huge black clouds were still hanging around when we went in and came out and once again when we neared Apache Junction it was pouring. We're thinking the clouds stack up against the Superstition Mountains and that's why we got so much.

We hope to see the sun soon. - Joyce


Tuesday morning 7:00 a.m..
Things are back to normal this morning and the sun is rising in a cloudless sky!! Whoop De Doo
I don't know if the temperatures will get out of the 60's today, but it's supposed to be back into the 70's tomorrow. I'd like to take a drive up to the Mariner's training facility in Peoria today just to take a look around. The parking area and practice fields are open (and free) and maybe the team store too. It will be nice just to get back out into the sunshine. I think that we were taking it for granted here. Dare I wash the car?
Ernie

3 comments:

Sky said...

wow, its sunshine city hear (sorry)

Ron and Diane said...

I can not believe the weather your having....of all the rotten luck. Hopefully the weather report I saw yesterday is correct and your going to get lots of sunshine for a while.
I can't believe Ernie doesn't like to go shopping (I think its a man thing). Sounds like a perfect thing to do on a rainy day, more fun than laundry. I love outlet malls, Branson Missouri has THREE of them, I just go nuts there.
I hope when you wake up this morning the sun is shining...get the sun screen ready.....Diane

gail and randy said...

Sorry to hear the weather hasn't been that good. It's clouded up here today for the first time in forever! We had a gorgeous sunny weekend - in the 60's. Sounds like you have some great "neighbors" down there. What a little "city" the RV park is! How was your "trash can turkey"? Randy cooked chicken on the barbie last night - yum!