Sunday, February 21, 2010

Rain, Rain Go Away....

This was Day 2 of grim black clouds and torrential downpours. Good for the home team (the desert), bad for the visitors (us!).

Yesterday we ran a few errands (Camping World, Target) then found a Mexican restaurant in Mesa for dinner. The food was supposed to be the kind made in Mexico City and it was certainly different than the usual fare, but very good.

Today we did our accumulation of laundry from 10 days (I did do a load of towels and sheets once already). Lucky for us the laundry room is only a few steps away and makes it very convenient. Since it was a rainy day, lots of people were doing their laundry.

This afternoon we went to a movie and saw "Shutter Island" with Leonardo DiCaprio. It was a good movie but a little long (almost 2 1/2 hours). We're home now and Ernie is cooking pork chops on the grill.

That's been about the extent of our last few days in case you thought we were outside soaking up the sun..... - Joyce

As you can see, there were no pictures again! That's because with the state of the weather, we haven't been motivated to go anywhere to take them. It's overcast again this morning, but I think we need to get out of here anyway. Since I didn't wash the car last week and it been raining since Saturday, maybe some reverse psychology would work. If we get another soaker like we've been getting for the last 2 days, I wouldn't even need the hose. I'm sure that the neighbors would all think that I'm nuts. Most of them have been walking around dressed like they're in the Yukon Territory, and I refuse to give up my shorts and Hawaiian shirts!!
Life's still good,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Ernie

1 comment:

Ron and Diane said...

Hang in there, surely the weather will turn around soon. I Googled the average weather for Phoenix:
February high temp is 70 precip .7 and they claim they have 300 days of sunshine a year...yeah right.

When we were in Mexico we couldin't wait to eat "real mexican food" ugh!!! I now know that what I like is "tex-mex".

Washing your car in the pouring rain in your shorts when the temp is in the 50's doesn't sound crazy to me...not at all...nope...nada...
are you NUTS!!!! Of course after a few cocktails it starts to sound logical and after a few more...HECK YEAH.

By the way Ernie, I forgot to tell you how cute your toes are, at least I think those are yours.

Looked at the 10 day forcast and after today there is sunshine in your future with the exception of Saturday. Got my fingers crossed for you....Diane