Saturday, January 3, 2009

Welcome to 2009

We made it into another new year, and for us it will be tough to outdo 2008. So far our travel plans pale in comparison to 2008, but it's early.
The past week has been kind of busy for us. Tuesday evening we had our friends Pat and Steph over for dinner and to discuss our upcoming rendevous in Hawaii. The weather cooperated, so I fired up the barbecue and cooked 2 racks of pork ribs.
The following day was Kristin's birthday, and we took her and Matt out for lunch. We went to Pegasus Pizza on Alki. Later that evening Joyce and I met up with several friends for a New Years eve dinner. We ended up at the California Pizza Kitchen. I think that I had more pizza in one day than I had eaten the rest of the year. The restaurant was closing at 8:00, so after we ate we went to the Bahama Breeze for dessert. We ended up staying there to welcome in the new year.
Today our garbage and recycling got picked up. This was the first pickup since December 8th, due to the snow that we had. The garbage had been here so long that it was kind of sad to see it go. I was begining to get attached to it!
Tomorrow we may go up to Keith and Sheila's to finish off Christmas 2008. They still have much snow on the ground, and it looks like their road into their place is not passable without 4 wheel drive. Sometime before the 12th we need to get up there as all of my summer clothes, and my snorkel gear is in the motorhome. Life is tough!
We don't have any pictures to add this week. So this is all you get.
Happy New Year, Ernie

1 comment:

Ron and Diane said...

You guys have been busy, I can't wait to see all the places you have planned for 2009. This blog thingy is great!!!!

I love pizza (ONE of my favorite foods) but that does sound like a pizza overload to me. That is one of things I loved about cruising, 24hr pizza.

I should send you a picture of Ron getting a lei at the Honolulu airport....after consuming all the alcohol on board (its a real long flight). He doesn't remember getting of the plane much less the beautiful girl at the airport that gave him a lei and kissed him. I've heard that altitude and alcohol don't mix well. The picture says it all....Diane