Monday, January 12, 2009

Aloha changes

Due to a serious medical emergency with my mother, we had to cancel our trip at the last minute. If we get a positive report today or tomorrow on her condition, we will attempt to keep our week in Kauai. After this past week I am REALLY ready for a vacation. So, for those of you who were anticipating the pictures of me in my speedo, and Joyce in her string bikini, you'll just have to wait!! With some luck, we may still be able to make it to Kauai, but the five days on Oahu are not happening. We will still be able to do that stay if we can arrange it before the
16th of June.
So with that said, we are heading out to get lunch at Bahama Breeze, and then to the hospital to visit my mother. I will be wearing a Hawaiian shirt to the restaurant.
Aloha Ernie

01-12-09 6:00 p.m.
We just got back from the hospital, and my mother is doing extremely well! To me she looked like her normal 93 year old self. She is moving much more than she has the last few days, and talking & laughing. She even led us all in singing happy birthday to Joyce. She is scheduled to get out of the hospital tomorrow. Had she looked this good yesterday, we would probably be in Hawaii now. If her prognosis looks good tomorrow, We are going to try to get to Kauai this weekend. I will update again tomorrow. Ernie

01-14-09 8;15 P.M.
My mother moved back to Judson Park from the hospital today. She is in the health care section, which is like being in a nursing home. She should be able to get to the assisted living section, and MAYBE eventually back to her independent living apartment.
So, now that she is out of the woods(for now),I was able to salvage part of our Hawaii vacation. We will be flying out Saturday morning at 9:20, and returning the following Saturday night. Assuming that we have a internet connection on Kauai, we will be blogging!! Weather permitting I should be able to get those beach pictures on Sunday.
Aloha, Ernie

P.S. The Island of Kauai has wild chickens all over the place. But they are a lot smaller than turkeys. We aren't worried.

2 comments:

Ron and Diane said...

I hope your mom is doing better. Ron's dad is in the hospital also, so we know how scary these times can be. Hope she makes a speedy recovery and everything works out OK....Diane

Sky said...

Dad with everything thats happened in the past few days its good to read you still have your humor, now I dont know if id be one of those wanting to see you in a speedo (put it was pretty dam funny) Hope grandma is doing better and you all got some good news today, Im sure ill be talking to you soon! Sheila