Monday, January 19, 2009

From the shores of Kauai





We made it to the condo Saturday about 6:00 p.m. Island time. Our friends Pat and Steph met us at the airport with leis. We went to their condo near Poipu for drinks and dinner Saturday night.
Sunday morning I met Pat and we snorkled right out in front of their condo. Later we all went to an open air market where I added to my Aloha shirt collection. We had lunch at a cafe that turned out to be better than we expected.
We took another snorkeling adventure in the late afternoon, then we all went to our condo for dinner, drinks, and a bad movie(Bonneville)
The weather turns on us a little Tuesday with some clouds and rain, but temperatures will still be in the upper 70's. Usually on Kauai you can escape the rain by moving to the other side of the island. We shall see.
Today we will be hitting the farmers market near Pat and Steph"s condo. We want to pick up some fresh fruit. I bought a pineapple at the Safeway store yesterday, but the rest of the fruit there was nothing special. We have no plan after the Farmers market, but I'm sure that snorkeling, food, and Mai-Tai's will enter into the equation. So far we haven't taken a lot of pictures, but stay tuned for the ones from the beach!(later)
Aloha,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Ernie
Once again I am not able to put captions under the pictures, so;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Starting from the top:
Our friend Pat trying to find a shirt to match his shoes..........
A coconut eating chicken......
Sunrise from just outside of our condo.........
Sunrise again with the pool in the foreground......

1 comment:

Sky said...

beautiful sunset, I see now why you like it there so much... And whats up with you and fowl??? I think you were a farmer in a former life :) or something... Glad to see some picturs... have fun a drink a Mai-Tai for me 9Ive never really had one, but I like how it sounds) Sheila