Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Mayday! Mayday! (Or Beware of the Swine.)

Here we are getting ready to enter the month of May, which means that we should be getting some nice weather. We shall see.
We made it through the week of sitting for our Granddog Jake. I spent part of yesterday removing noseprints from windows, and tonguemarks from the hardwood floors. Jake licks EVERYTHING that dosen't move! Jake and Hairold (the cat) both made it unharmed. By the end of the week they pretty much ignored each other. But, the cat was still in charge. Last night we went to Josh & Brynn's for dinner and to visit. Jake seemed happy to see us.
I got a phone call from my old place of employment inquiring if I would be interested in working for a while this spring/summer. After mulling it over, I decided to work for 10 weeks. That is the most that I could do without screwing up my Social Security benefit. So, I will be working nights (4 tens) on the I-5 project through King County. Hopefully I will be able to get some decent sleep. Time will tell. I might have to miss a couple of baseball games, but I will try to set something up to work around that. It's hard to turn down when they tell me that I am at the top of their contact list. And besides, this can be our "traveling stash".
I could be starting as early as next week.
Joyce and Kristin are finalizing their Europe plans. They will be spending approximately 1 week each in England, France, and Italy. And now with a little extra travelling money in the pot, their is a possibility that I may meet Joyce in Munich for Oktoberfest. But who knows about anything with the flu panic.
My Mother has been occupying a lot of my time lately. She has had a series of medical emergencies over the last year or so. I believe that she has been to the emergency room 7 times in the last year. She got out of the hospital this past Saturday, and is now confined to the Health Center at Judson Park. She is anxious to get back into her independant living apartment, but we're not sure if she can handle that any more. For the past 2 weeks, I have been making daily visits. So I now have a valid excuse for not up-dating the blog sooner!! We have been so busy since our return from the "Valley Of The Sun", that I forgot we had tickets to the DooWop concert on the 11th of April. I did buy insurance on the tickets, and am in the process of recouping our $. And along that line, I just bought tickets for the Moody Blues at the end of July. One of my all time favorites.
With that all said, I will throw some random pictures up and say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Auf Widersehen..........Ernst

1 comment:

Ron and Diane said...

You are going to work at night on a Hwy????
Sounds like Joyce is going to have a great time in Europe.They are smart in allowing plenty of time in each location, there is so much to see and do (I'm turning green). She is going to continue the blog isn't she?
We have an Oktoberfest here with beer tents down by the river. I've gotten pretty good at the chicken dance, of course the more beer I drink the better I get. Going to Oktoberfest in Germany would be so great (turning green again).
Speaking of the swine flu, did you see where Carnival is cancelling all Mexico ports. The people going to Cozumel are diverted to another island but the people leaving out of California for the Mexican Riveria are being diverted to San Francisco and Seattle. So much for snorkelling and lying on the beach soaking up the sun. BUMMER!!
Hope your mom is getting along better. When our parents get up there in years, it gets pretty scary.
I would never have guessed you were a Moody Blues Fan. I'm a hard core BeeGees fan myself....Diane