Saturday, August 30, 2008

08/30/08 Theodore Alabama again







It is now 8:30 p.m., and the news on Gus is looking better for us. Latest predictions has it coming in a little bit farther to the west than yesterday.
We went into Mobile and took a tour of a mansion that was built in 1833.
It was in two families for over 150 years before it was donated to the city of Mobile. It still has all of it's original furnishings, dishes, etc.
After that we went to a seafood place for lunch. I had a crawdad dish and Joyce had some sort of fish. (I made the better choice!)
We took a drive around the Mobile Bay area this evening. I stuck my foot in the water, and it is warm. Speaking of warm, it is still in the low to mid 90's with matching humidity.
Tomorrow we head to Fountain Florida which is 200 miles from here and outside of the hurricane watch zone (assuming Gus dosen't change course).
Woo Hoo!!! I added pictures! Hopefully in the future I will be able to continue this feature. (the pelicans sitting on the poles were outside of our window where we had lunch)
Ernie



1 comment:

Sky said...

Love the pelicans picture!!! Im happy to see so many beautiful pictures up!!!!! Sheila