Saturday, November 5, 2011

Back from Hawaii and ready to head south

The beach at Kailua



Waiamea Bay





Stopped to sample the fresh shrimp along the road



Surf's up



Sunrise from our condo at Ko Olina





Punchbowl Cemtery "wreath trees" with Honolulu in the background



Pearl Harbor




We returned from 8 days of warm sunshine last Saturday to temperatures in the 40's/50's. We are now biding our time waiting to head for the warmth of Arizona.
Hawaii was very busy with Patrice and Paul staying with us for the first 5 days, then hanging out with Gail and Randy for the next 3. Saturday the 22nd was Connor and Kelley's wedding which was quite the affair. I don't think we've ever been to more lavish wedding and reception. We had a great time.
The day after the wedding, I came down with something that took the wind out of my sails. No appetite, running a fever, and a rash that made me look like a lobster. After the 3rd day, I thought that it may be a reaction to a new medication that I had just started. I think I was right, as the last 2 days I felt normal again.
Now it's time to head for the desert southwest and back to the 80's. We should be on the road Tuesday or Wednesday barring anymore unforeseen circumstances. The next post will be from Arizona with pictures to match. Ernie

2 comments:

dhinnen said...

Sun,Sand & Surf AHHHHHHHH.
Getting sick on vacation, what a bummer. Glad your feeling better.
Great pictures as usual.
We've missed the blog...glad your back......Diane

gail and randy said...

These pictures make me want to go back - soon!! Glad you're on the way to warmth again - it was friggin' cold here today!!