Monday, November 23, 2009

Closing in on December

Here we are in the last week of November already! The leaves are almost all off of the trees (and my roof). The weather has been it's normal wet self with a little extra wind thrown in. Yesterday we had an early Thanksgiving dinner with Josh & Brynn here at our house as they both work on Thursday. So on Thursday, Joyce, Kristin and I will be going to our friends Dick & Linda for dinner.
The fact that yesterday was the 46th anniversary of the most significant history altering day of my life, almost slipped past me. It was around mid day when the light came on as to the date. Seems like only yesterday.
On a cheerier note, we are getting closer to our venture to the dessert southwest. The motorhome is all cleaned up, waxed and covered up. About 2 months from now all we need to do is take off the cover, load it up, fill the gas tank and point it south. We may take our time heading to Arizona. We are scheduled to be there the middle of February.
Kristin has taken a job at a camp in Texas teaching environmental education that starts in the middle of February for four months. Then she is scheduled for a camp in Colorado for the summer. So she will be away for the better part of next year.
The house is getting bigger!
I'm sure that I have probably left out some significant news, but this is all for now.................................Ernie

1 comment:

Ron and Diane said...

Sounds like your ready to hit the road. With your weather I don't blame you. It's been nice here but I underdstand its coming to an end soon. We're going to try to get all of our yard work done before the nasty weather sets in (thanks for sending it our way by the way)ha. We still have one huge tree that keeps hanging on to its leaves though and will probably wait till its really nasty out before it lets them go. I'm not sure about the Christmas decorations yet, we haven't decided.
We're having Thanksgiving at our house as usual but I don't look forward to it this year like I usually do. We will miss him....
Some of our merchants are already having "black friday" deals. We took advantage of one and bought a netbook to take on vacation (whats this world coming to when you can't leave home without your computer). What did we ever do before computers, cell phones, microwaves, etc???? Ron's aunt is a teacher and she asked her class:
if you could only keep ONE modern convenience, what would it be? That would be tough choice to make. I think I'm spoiled, I couldn't come up with just ONE.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving....
Diane